Wednesday, April 13, 2011

God is Good

So I've been lagging on my posts and its because I feel like I have nothing significant or special to share. Its seems like almost everyone else is going through such amazing and beautiful challenges in their life and have such great stories to share but with me, I have been at my job for over 3 months and I can pretty much sum of my days with one work... "good."  I deal with crazy customers now which are always interesting, but other than that I have a job which I'm so thankful for and its good... Each day has been... good...

Then all of the sudden I realized, "hey... I made a commitment at the beginning of Circles that I would post every week... If I apparently don't have anything 'interesting' to write about, I can at least praise the Lord for his countless blessing each week because honestly God has been Good!" I feel kinda selfish now because apparently I've almost been expecting God to bless me with great weeks that in my eyes they then didn't look so great but rather the norm. 

Anyhoo to sum it up, God has truly been good to me and has always provided for my needs! I recently got a nice raise at work and I'm doing pretty well there. I still am currently "benched" as a manager which means I'm just floating around various Kohl's stores and helping out so I'm still hourly and not salaried yet until I get a set location (which means 8.5 hour days still rather than 10-12hrs).

I'm always so amazed and in wonder at how I ended up with this job... My mom even chuckles and brings it up every now and then saying "how did my little quiet girl end up getting a job as a manager... I thought you would've ended up with a job where you can work quietly by yourself."
It's been a challenging a grueling journey to get hear since leadership presence and charisma doesn't come naturally to be but I know God put me in the right place for the time being =)

13 comments:

  1. Jenny! This is great to hear! It IS amazing! God is indeed good! I'm so glad you wrote about this. I definitely needed to be reminded that it is a true blessing to have a job to go to everyday and serve the Lord where he has me. I'm so stoked for you about your raise and your achievements! Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breath everyday is truly a blessing and a gift...

    I forget this daily! This was an amazing reminder that we are blessed beyond what we can even comprehend. There are people world-wide that would die to be in our normal and "good" shoes everyday. We are blessed. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blog made me smile :) Thank you for sharing. Its very encouraging to hear that you are doing well and God is using you and stretching you. So good :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny, I think sometimes it is difficult to remain faithful and grateful to God during the "good" times because well, they're good. But thank you for sharing your blessings with us and praising God for all that He is due! God IS good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. God is so good, Jenny, and I'm so thankful you feel blessed! And honestly, don't ever feel like you can't share b/c it's not "interesting"...I fall into that trap also...but God's story and God's creation are ALWAYS interesting, and you are His daughter! You sharing who you are, and how your life is being shaped right now (even in the day-to-day of work and normal life)...is the most infinitely interesting and awesome thing we could hear :) I love hearing about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for a great update. I think we all fall into that trap of wanting to bring out some amazing/interesting/provoking insight from something, but just being honest like this is rock solid. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad to hear how God has been providing for you. I also get stuck with the whole blog thing because I have no idea what to write and it's not very interesting, ect. Sometimes it comes to Saturday and I still have nothing to write about that is huge, but I find that sometimes that verse I read on Monday can speak into my life or relates to something small but significant. I can't wait to read your next blog. God will give you something to write about if you seek it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. change of perspective! awesome! and it sounds like the book we are reading may be perfectly timed out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's awesome that you are feeling God's goodness poured out to you. May you continue to find joy in the blessings God has given you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is great! thanks for sharing. it's so easy to forget that God is in the everyday-ness of our lives. i'm praying you would recognize His fingerprints throughout your days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. mmm, yes. when i think i don't have anything amazing going on, i remember the week that we discussed being a student of life in CIRCLES. there is an everyday going on all around us that we get to engage in, but we have to choose that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah! we are so fortunate and blessed to have jobs especially in this economy where so many people are unemployed and would kill to find work... Maybe the mundaneness of constant "good" is a blessing in disguise? I mean i totally think it is. Try and find the peace of just being blessed and having these "good" weeks because life is very chaotic a lot of the times and you could be looking back at this period of time and be like, "dang, that was rad..." You're awesome Jenny! dont think you're life is any less exciting than anyone elses or whatever! you ahve Jesus living inside you every day is a new adventure and opportunity to glorify Him :)

    ReplyDelete