Hello friends,
Here's a brief description of myself:
- Grew up in Long Beach/Lakewood/Huntington Beach
- I have a BA in Business Management at CSU Fullerton
- I am currently on my 3rd week of the Management in Training program at Kohl's Department Stores; my first career =)
- I like to play tennis and was trained by my dad since I was in 3rd grade but haven't been able to play for a while =(
- I have 3 older siblings, 2 brothers (Van, Long), and a sister (Ann); some of you may know Van if you go to the evening service on Sundays because he is pretty active in the church and likes to hang around after service
- I play the piano and was in a alternative/rock band for a couple years... enough said...
- I recently took the RH's premarital class and my boyfriend, Bryan, and I plan on getting married in 2012 =D (you might meet him since we go to the Saturday evening service)
Now, a brief description of my Christian walk and why I joined Circles:
I grew up Catholic and during high school, I stopped going attending Mass. At the 1st service I've ever attended at RH during college, I remember being so confused yet intrigued at the idea that the Bible is applicable to my life (my sister invited me). Until I attended RH, I've never picked up the Bible and read it myself. I always thought that was the church's and the priest's job. Since then my boyfriend also introduced me to a young adults ministry of East Anaheim Calvary Chapel, which we attended during a summer which also helped me to grow and learn a lot.
As a logically driven person, I loved the book "The Case for Christ" by Lee Strobel and "Mere Christianity" by C.S. Lewis, learning about the scientific backings for the Bible which have really helped me a lot in believing in the Lord. Now that I've filled my brain intellectually, I'm joining this class because I want to be more Christ-like. I am naturally an introvert, so I feel like because of that, I am hiding Christ inside of me rather than allowing Him to shine through me.
To sum up my post, I am very excited to get started with the program and to meet all of you and grow in Christ together! =)
I play the piano too and was the lead singer in a "chick band" for a while in high school!! haha =) Thought you might enjoy that fun fact. Looking forward to getting to know you!
ReplyDeleteI'll play tennis with you! I am no good, but I enjoy it very much :)
ReplyDeleteI'm a disaster at tennis. One summer my wife and I picked up tennis for the workout, and was it ever a workout! We spent the whole time chasing errant tennis balls around the court. We were lucky if we were able to get it back and forth over the net 3 or 4 times in a row!
ReplyDeleteI love tennis but have not played in awhile. An alternative band? Do you have any recordings? That's pretty rad. We share the Catholic background. I know how confusing it was to come to know Christ for who he is and that we can actually have a personal relationship with him instead of this faraway stance of who God is. Thanks for sharing this blog. Look forward to getting to know you more and growing together!
ReplyDelete